The OMNIKEY 5421 card reader is a dual-interface card reader that reads and writes both 13.56 MHz contactless smart cards and virtually any contact smart card to support environments where contact and contactless RFID chip card technology are required. Utilizing contactless card technology for PC-linked applications, thin- and zero-client environments, the OMNIKEY 5421 reader provides users with the necessary convenience, speed and security for applications like user authentication, secured cloud-based applications, networks and many more.
Known for high reliability in the field, the OMNIKEY 5421 card reader is based on the proven driver and hardware technology to ensure greater stability, durability and compliance. The OMNIKEY 5421 card reader also interoperables with NFC-enabled devices and tags. For design flexibility, the professional line desktop housing aligns seamlessly with any modern working environment.
HID OMNIKEY 5421 Features:
- Extensive reading ability – Supports many different chip cards and RFID chip cards like NXP MIFARE, MIFARE DESFire, MIFARE Plus, HID iCLASS, SMART MX, i.code, TagIT, My-d, RFID tags and NFC as well as ISO 14443 A / B, ISO 15693 and the ISO 7816
- Plug & Play – Easy installation and integration though native CCID implementation
- Fast data transfer rate – Up to 420 kb/s
- Flexible – Supports all established industry standards and application interfaces
- Windows, Mac & Linux – All current operating systems are supported
- HID warranty – 2 years warranty
- Dual Card Reader for contactbased and contactless RFIC Chip Cards
- LED Display
- NXP MIFARE
- HID iCLASS
- SMART MX
- Texas Instruments TagIT
- Infineon My-d